Friday, January 24, 2014

Three more weeks of outlining- Then the writing

Three weeks might not be a long time, but I think I don't need any more than that. I have been working on this novel now for about fifteen years and it is time that I just jump in and finish it. As much fun as outlining is it is a form of procrastination when done for to long. Some novels take longer to outline than others depending on the size and scope of the novel, but that shouldn't keep you from writing forever and with my little girl on the way in around four months I don't have that much time to spare.

It is do or die (so to speak) for us, I want to make this a career and what better time to jump into that but before she comes into the world. This is the last time for the next year or two ( maybe even more) that I will have this kind of freedom to write. I am not doing anything else with my time and to write two thousand words a day, six days a week for twelve weeks could be done with a baby so I should have no problem doing it with all the time in the world.

I also have to commit to the novel and push my self to finish it. It is a lot easier to fantasize about publishing a novel but that will never happen if I just keep on "outlining" it forever. Coming to terms with that the first manuscript will be horrendous is part of the process and inevitable fact. The sooner I say that's okay and start writing the sooner I will have a book in my hands that I could publish. Never before.

With how much I have gotten so far regarding the novel in the last two or three weeks I think three weeks more is plenty of time. I have great friends that have been there for me when I need a sound board for my ideas and where my story is heading and what more could a writer ask for. The only thing that could come in my way is me and this time I won't let that happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment